Sunday, December 11, 2016

No Disintegrations



After getting my 3D printer I did some fooling around with it, printing random designs and small projects that didn't go anywhere. My first completed projected was a Boba Fett helmet I made for my wife.

     Modeled in Autodesk Alias, She wanted it to be a newer looking version of Boba's helmet, so no dents or weathering. Here is the finished product:

 



 
Process
    Pieces printed in ABS plastic, fused together using an ABS-Acetone slurry. Used spackle to fill in some cracks and imperfections.

Coating of filler primer to fill in the "steps" from the 3D printing process


Next to my unfinished Iron Man helmet


Spraying on the dark green for Boba's cheekbones.


Taped off the dark green and sprayed the red


More tape and the final overall green


Finished Paint


Using a heat gun to bend the acrylic for the face mask which I tinted later on



Bonus: my friend trying it on.





No comments:

Post a Comment